BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

2 months old!


Gavin is growing so fast! We had our 2 month visit today with the Smoakster (Dr. Smoak) and, wow is he growing! He is 13lbs, and 23 and 1/2 inches long, now putting him in the 75th percentile for his height and weight. The doctor was very impressed by his strength and how well he was able to follow him with his eyes. Yup, more shots.... I had to mentally prepare myself two days before the appointment this time. He had to have 2 in the leg, and one of the vaccines was oral. Again, he was very upset, but he seemed to calm down pretty easily, me on the other hand, again, a wreck! I am really questioning all of these vaccines. I am not the expert, so I should listen to the doc, however, there are so many different opinions out there, it worries me. Any information anyone can share with me is welcome, regarding vaccines! I am doing my research to learn a little more about all of them. Gavin has been sleeping in his crib the past couple of nights. Chris and I really wanted him to stay in the bassinet, in our room, but he is getting to big for it! He is doing well in the crib. He did sleep through the night a couple of times, but I spoke a little to soon in my last blog, it did not last long. I can't complain though, he is sleeping 5-6 hour stretches. We really want to start getting into a routine ( bath, book, eat, sleep), but I think I am jumping the gun on that one, he is only 2 months! The pediatrician said we can start putting him down when he is getting drowsy, awake!! What if he cries?? Am I setting myself up for disaster?? Not sure I can do the crying it out thing yet. Let's see..... We will be going home to meet the family and friends in NY next weekend, so we are very excited about that, I will post some pics when we get back.


2 month Milestones

SMILING!!! Gavin is smiling at us now, it is absolutely amazing! He has a beautiful smile!!
This was the end of one of his smiles, I have a hard time catching it with the camera.....
He is also making a lot of noises now, cooing.....
He has excellent head strength, he is able to lift his head when we have tummy time

Here are some more pics...........








0 comments: